- Sign up by clicking on the "Sign Up" or "Register" button on the top right of any page
- Choose a username and password
- Complete a few questions about yourself
- You will receive an email to validate your email address
- Return to the website and click the "Sign In" button
- It is a quick, safe, and convenient way to have your say on a range of issues and topics
- It is a great way to keep up to date and contribute your views on issues affecting your community
- You can see what other community members think about an issue or topic, respond with your own views, and engage in a discussion
- It helps ensure that a broader set of perspectives have an opportunity to be represented by attributing feedback and frequency of feedback to individuals
- It promotes accountability and encourages people to provide more thoughtful responses because feedback can be attributed to them
- It also means that we can let you know any news if something major changes about the consultation
How do I submit my feedback?
Submit your feedback via the online discussion forums, quick polls, forms, and surveys.
To participate for the first time, simply:
Why is the Village of Niles engaging online?
Traditional public engagement usually involves attending public meeting or providing written submissions to the Village Board, and this can often be time consuming and inconvenient, and sometimes intimidating. Niles 2040 Virtual Engagement gives you the opportunity to have your say on issues that are important to you, at a time and place of your choice.
Why do I need to register to this site to make a comment?
While registration is not required to access Niles 2040, it is necessary for many of the more interactive engagement opportunities. We ask you to register to the website for a few reasons:
Is my privacy protected?
How are discussion forums moderated?
All public comments are moderated 24 hours a day seven days a week, for inappropriate language, comments that disrespect other participants, and for comments that are off topic.
All moderation is carried out by Bang the Table and all moderation is independent to the Village of Niles. The moderators do not edit or alter any comments and will only remove comments deemed to be significantly off topic, offensive or malicious, in which case they are removed from the site immediately and the person who posted the comment is advised by email. See the Moderation Policy for more details.
What is a Comprehensive Plan?
A Comprehensive Plan is a long-term vision for the community that serves as an official policy statement to guide the community’s future. By its nature, it is focused on physical development and is an all-inclusive, long-term approach to addressing future changes in a community. The Niles 2040 Plan will build on the traditions of Niles while boldly looking ahead to a vibrant future. This plan will be the official roadmap for Village decisions over the next 20 years on issues including land use, economic development, natural resources, transportation, housing, and sustainability.
To learn more about the Village's current plan, the Niles 2030 Comprehensive Plan, click here!
How long is the entire process?
The Niles 2040 Comprehensive Plan planning process started in Summer 2020. The first phase is wrapping up in Spring 2021 and the next phase will start once the Village believes engagement can safely continue.
How can I get involved?
Please register and participate in all the 2040 Niles engagement tools! Project updates, plan documents, and future events will be communicated using this site. Stay tuned for project updates!
Who can I contact about the project?
Send any thoughts or ideas for the Niles 2040 Comprehensive Plan to the team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.